1.25.2012

Rainbow Chevrons: tutorial coming soon!

I finished a quilt top!




This quilt has been in my head ever since I saw this mug rug.

I also couldn't get these signs out of my head. Every time I'd see them while driving, I knew I wanted to do a similar quilt. Also around the same time I'd been thinking of a good rainbow idea.

photo from here
So about 1 1/2 years ago I started planning and cutting. Then I got distracted by other things and it sat waiting to get worked on. (Story of my life.) Recently I've also seen this photo on pinterest and figured I'd better hurry up and finish this before someone else got the same idea!

I'm working on a tutorial for this quilt. It should be up soon!

Thanks for reading :)

9 comments:

  1. Love this! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love how there is a gradation to all the colours but it's not too obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super super great! I love how you separated out the chevrons and gave them each some breathing room. They *almost* look like hearts to me. The colors and fabrics are just so happy. Wonderfully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great. I love it! I have a soft spot for all quilts with a rainbows and you can't beat chevron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt top. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done it again my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see it all done, how are you going to quilt it?

    ReplyDelete