12.28.2012

Man Quilt v. 2

When I cut out the first man quilt (tutorial here) I also cut extras so I could make one for my husband. I had even cut the binding pieces, all scrappy. And like most stuff I cut, those pieces sat there for a while (over a year).

But I sewed them together in November, sent it to my favorite quilter Emily - of Emerson Quilting - and asked her to quilt it with the lyrics from the Beatles' song "I Will". One of the best songs ever, seriously. If you don't know the words, or the song, you should go listen to it now.


Of course I love it! It turned out SO awesome! I will definitely use cursive quilting again in the future.


One little detail she added at the end. Love it.

4 comments:

  1. I love that song. And that quilting is so cool!! My daughter is Ruby Leigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song. And that quilting is so cool!! My daughter is Ruby Leigh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, that's just an amazing idea! I would never have thought of song lyrics. My mom has a 4th of July quilt with a few patriotic words quilted into the border, but that's the only time I've really seen cursive quilting. Looks awesome. Oh and also, awww ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Dan know you were making the quilt or doing the lyrics? Does he love it, because he should.

    ReplyDelete