9.19.2011

blerg!

Well, I'm sitting here, I've seen everything there is to see on Pinterest (not really, but stay with me), I don't want to do any laundry, I don't feel like sanding or painting my living room trim - I want to sew! But my sewing machine's been in the shop for 2 weeks now. I called them this morning to see when I might be able to pick it up and they said at least another week!

I'm not sure if I told you about my fabric diet. But I haven't bought any fabric for 3 months! I told myself a while back that if I want to buy more fabric I have to start using it up. So I committed to make 5 quilts before buying any fabric. Angela and I made a deal. If either of us buys fabric - we have to make something for the other one. With all the swaps I entered this summer and the kids home, I didn't really make it happen. And now my sewing machine it broken.

I know - boo hoo and poor me.

And after reading all my whining and complaining - here's a photo.

It's Amy's block from Bee Tweet. She asked for all types of Christmas blocks and I wanted to make this one. So here's what I came up with. I'm really loving wonky stars - especially tiny ones.


What are you all up to? What are you sewing?

ps - I updated this post to include box bag tutorial links. Sorry that took me so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment